A guided self-drive overland tour through the Kalahari region and the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Experience the Kalahari’s magic on this semi-catered guided overland tour.
Get ready for thrilling wildlife encounters as we seek out the famous black-maned lions and spend quality time with a lively mob of meerkats. Don’t forget to bring your camera and binoculars, as this region is a haven for bird enthusiasts, boasting an incredible 40 different raptor and vulture species.
We spend time with the ‡Khomani San and learn from a San tracker to identify tracks and plants in the area. Other activities on tour include a visit to the Lost City of the Kalahari, a a Camel Farm experience and a night drive in the Nossob area.
This tour caters to wildlife enthusiasts and avid photographers, promising a unique Kalahari adventure.
The trip starts in the small oasis of Van Zylsrus in the Northern Cape. From there we travel west to Askham on gravel via the R31 to a private farm. To reach camp, we will need to drive a short distance on sand. We then make our way to the Molopo River and drive in the dry riverbed to the Askham area. From Askham we hit the tar north towards the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. All roads within the park are gravel or sand and guests are welcome to explore on their own time and pace. As we exit the park we travel south towards the Rietfontein region, the roads will include gravel, tar, sand and pans.
The majority of this route is driven on gravel roads. This route is suitable for any 4×4’s including 4×4 trailers and 4×4 bush caravans. If you are not towing, a 4×2 vehicle with diff-lock will also be suitable for this trip.
- Endless Africa welcome gift bag.
- All bookings for overnight campsite accommodation and camping fees.
- All entry fees, *conservation fees and permits for day and night activities which include: SANPARKS night drive, experience, ‡Khomani San tracking experience, camel farm tour, scorpion hunt and a visit to the lost city of the Kalahari.
- Route planning, organisation and tour design.
- Selected meals and drinks as indicated in itinerary.
- A CATHSSETA registered overlanding 4×4 expedition tour guide. (Meet your guide Juba)
- A Qualified Wilderness First Responder (First Aid Level 3).
- Two way VHF radio communication for the duration of the trip.
- All Firewood
- A signature Endless Africa experience that makes a visit to this region genuine and memorable.
* Discounts on conservation fees will apply to guests with Wild Cards.
Travel Insurance, Own Vehicle & Fuel, Camping Equipment, Transfers to starting & end points, Selected Meals.
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and surrounds