A guided self-drive adventure exploring the Wild Coast natural and cultural treasures
Embark on an unforgettable overland adventure through the Transkei, the heartland of the Xhosa people. This guided self-drive tour will take you on a journey through breathtaking landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and endless scenic beauty.
From crossing the Kei River on a ferry to exploring Xhosa villages and hiking amongst the grassy hills, this tour offers a unique and authentic experience that will leave you feeling invigorated and inspired.
The Transkei Traverse tour is a perfect blend of adventure and relaxation, offering a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and connect with nature. With expert tour guides leading the way, you’ll be able to explore the region with ease, taking in the sights and sounds of the Transkei at your own pace.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of Hole in the Wall
- Discover the natural wonders of Dwesa Nature Reserve
- Get a unique glimpse into the rich culture of the Xhosa people on insightful village tour
- Cross the Kei River on a ferry
- Soak up the sun and unwind on Mdumbi Beach, voted the best beach in South Africa
- Experience the thrill of seasonal whale and dolphin watching
- Take a refreshing stroll through the rolling hills of Transkei.
- Endless Africa welcome gift bag.
- All bookings for overnight campsite accommodation and camping fees.
- Entry fees, *conservation fees and permits for selected day and night activities which include: Dwesa Nature Reserve, Kei Mounth ferry crossing fees, cultural village tour.
- Route planning, organisation and tour design.
- 2 Breakfasts and 1 Dinner as per itinerary.
- A CATHSSETA registered overlanding 4×4 expedition tour guide. (Meet your guide Juba)
- A Qualified Wilderness First Responder (First Aid Level 3).
- Two way VHF radio communication for the duration of the trip.
- A signature Endless Africa experience that makes a visit to this region genuine and memorable.
Travel Insurance, Own Vehicle & Fuel, Camping Equipment, Transfers to starting & end points, Meals, Snacks and Drinks, Optional Extra Activities: Kayaking, Hike to Mapuzi Caves, Massage at Mdumbi Spa, Surf Lessons
Eastern Cape, South Africa