MINI KALAHARI SAFARI
A guided self-drive overland tour through the Kalahari region and the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Look forward to spectacular game viewing with a chance to encounter the famed black maned lions and get up close with a mob of meerkats. Pack your camera and binoculars because this region is home to 40 raptor and vulture species making it a prime birding location.
The route includes a combination of rustic and established campsites. We set up camp amidst the red dunes and camel thorn trees, travel off the beaten track to camp on a 10 000 ha pan and also camp at Twee Rivieren rest camp within the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
The trip starts in the small oasis of Askham in the Northern Cape. We setup camp between the red dunes and camelthorn trees. From Askham we hit the tar north towards the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. All roads within the park are gravel or sand and guests are welcome to explore on their own time and pace. As we exit the park we travel south towards the Rietfontein region, the roads will include gravel, tar, sand and pans.
The majority of this route is driven on gravel roads. This route is suitable for any 4×4’s including 4×4 trailers and 4×4 bush caravans. If you are not towing, a 4×2 vehicle with diff-lock will also be suitable for this trip.
- Endless Africa welcome gift bag.
- All bookings for overnight campsite accommodation and camping fees.
- All entry fees, *conservation fees and permits for day and night activities which include: SANPARKS night drive, meerkat encounter experience, camel farm tour, scorpion hunt, visit to the lost city of the Kalahari and more.
- Route planning, organisation and tour design.
- Selected meals and drinks as indicated in itinerary.
- A CATHSSETA registered overlanding 4×4 expedition tour guide. (Meet your guide Juba)
- A Qualified Wilderness First Responder (First Aid Level 3).
- Two way VHF radio communication for the duration of the trip.
- All Firewood
- A signature Endless Africa experience that makes a visit to this region genuine and memorable.
* Discounts on conservation fees will apply to guests with Wild Cards.
Travel Insurance, Own Vehicle & Fuel, Camping Equipment, Transfers to starting & end points, Selected Meals.
MINI KALAHARI SAFARI
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and surrounds